Market USA FCU will serve the diverse financial needs of its members throughout their lifetimes.
Market USA FCU will provide products and services that make Market USA FCU the preferred financial partner for our members; educate members to make informed decisions that contribute towards their financial success; and manage the credit union with financial integrity for the long-term benefit of its member owners.
Market USA Federal Credit Union was established in 1953. Originally founded as Giant Food Federal Credit Union, the name was changed in December 2000 to Ahold USA Federal Credit Union. The name change was made to reflect the credit union's ability to serve the associates, retirees and family members of Ahold USA and its subsidiaries. In July of 2004, keeping up with our diverse membership, Ahold USA Federal Credit Union became Market USA Federal Credit Union.
In February 2003 Market USA Federal Credit Union merged with BI-LO Credit Association, headquartered in Mauldin, South Carolina. The merger has expanded our presence in the Southeast while bringing members competitively-priced services.
In June 2010, we merged with Epworth Federal Credit Union which brought into our field of membership, church members, Clergy, Lay Pastors and employees of the Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church. Growth has enabled us to better serve our members as we continue to take advantage of economies of scale and to expand our products/services.
On September 30, 2011, Market USA Federal Credit Union merged with National Capital Federal Credit Union, located in Landover, Maryland. This merger allows us to expand our Field of Membership in a geographic area that we are already established and to offer NCFCU members an expanded array of financial services.